Fwd: kio: slave process dies when using https

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Fri May 31 00:26:49 BST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 18:01, aleXXX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I received following mail:

> Subject: kio: slave process dies when using https
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:39:26 -0700
> From: Michael Cardenas <michael.cardenas at lindows.com>
> To: aleXXX <alexander.neundorf at gmx.net>
>
> Hello. I am sorry to contact you unsolictedly, but I saw yuor name on
> the kdecvs list and I'd like to ask for your help.
>
> Here at lindows, we're trying to put the final touches on our next
> relesae, which includes kde3.
>
> We've encountered a bug in kio, which is a serious showstopper for us,
> because our "click-n-run" software installation program uses https
> heavily.
>
> Sometimes, when accessing an https link, an error comes up saying
>
> "The process for https://some.secure.site died unexpectedly."
>
> I compiled a build with debug information, and I can see that just
> before that error is reported, this debug line is printed:
>
> slave died pid = XXX
>
> which is in slave.cpp line 114.
>
> Do you know of any fixes for this bug? I've seen a lot of discussion on
> bugs.kde.org, but no obvious resolution.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi michael,

Please follow the information below to obtain debugging information
and either send the result to the list, to me or to bugs.kde.org :) :

1.) Run "kdebugdialog --fullmode" in Minicli (ALT+F2 or command line)

2.) When the debug dialog box appears, select 7103 in the "Debug Areas".

3.) Select "File" from the "Information Output" group

4.) Give a full path where the output should be saved (ex: /tmp/http.log)
     It is preferrable if you save all the output into one file.

5.) Repeat steps 1-4 for debug areas 7113, 7002 and 7029.

6.) Connect to the https sites giving you problems...

Regards,
Dawit A.