kget<-->konqueror integration

Patrick pch at valleeurope.net
Tue Jun 18 20:29:20 BST 2002

On Monday 17 June 2002 15:10, David Faure wrote:

> On Sunday 16 June 2002 13:25, Patrick wrote:
[...]
> > problem trying to download on java.sun.com apparently only "save as" work
> > fine with this site..)
>
> That's the result of a POST operation - this can't be passed to another
> process I think. (Or maybe it's just the kget isn't ready for that case)
Yes probably seams something like this the url look like:
http://sunsdlc1-23.cartnj1-dc1.genuity.n..../downloads/j2sdk/1.4.0/1vwkhgr8/j2re-1_4_0_01-windows-i586.exe?ActionId=verify

> > my idea is to put all download skills in some function KIO::AvancedCopy
> > (mirrors,split download, single log, advanced gui, dockable..) and leave
> > just the job list management to kget and maybe use dcop for
> > communication...
>
> Sounds good, as long as it doesn't change the public API.
> (Hmm, sounds like what you want is to extend TransferJob though)
Yes this is my idea i will start moving for the next release features in the
kio namespace then if you will judge interesting the extenstions for
kdelibs...but for the moment nothing decided yet i'm new to kde so don't want
to make decision now..

> +      bool bUseKget;
> +      cfg->setGroup("HTML Settings");
> +      bUseKget=cfg->readBoolEntry("UseKget",false);
>
> That's C style. I prefer C++ style:
> +      cfg->setGroup("HTML Settings");
> +      bool bUseKget=cfg->readBoolEntry("UseKget",false);
ok

> The indentation looks a bit screwed up in the patch, but maybe that's only
> a problem with the patch (and/or khtml, and/or using tabs...).
i hope that this release will be better i used astyle

> Hmm, hold on. I understand why you're changing simpleSave, but changing
i need to put the code in   BrowserRun::save( .. ) and not in simpleSave just
because otherwise i'm not able to catch "clicks" when konqueror is browsing
ftp sites...

> KHTMLPopupGUIClient looks very wrong to me. Instead of just saving
> the contents of the HTML cache, this is going to download the stuff again?
> Looks very wrong. I think the correct patch would be in saveURL() itself,
> in the case where the cache isn't available. But if it is, then we should
> definitely use it!
ok i moved the patch after   [..] if(!saved) with this choice we will use kget
(and download the files) only if there are not into the cache..

Let me know

patrick