kget<-->konqueror integration

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Jun 17 14:10:36 BST 2002

On Sunday 16 June 2002 13:25, Patrick wrote:
> I've made for testing purpose a simple patch that modify - -
> -KHTMLPopupGUIClient::slotSaveLinkAs()
> -BrowserRun::simpleSave
> I've tested with different site and seams working well (i got only a problem
> trying to download on java.sun.com apparently only "save as" work fine with
> this site..)

That's the result of a POST operation - this can't be passed to another process I think.
(Or maybe it's just the kget isn't ready for that case)

> I agree with you i will prefer to modify things in KIO:
> my idea is to put all download skills in some function KIO::AvancedCopy
> (mirrors,split download, single log, advanced gui, dockable..) and leave just
> the job list management to kget and maybe use dcop for communication...

Sounds good, as long as it doesn't change the public API.
(Hmm, sounds like what you want is to extend TransferJob though)

> but for doing this i need more time....and  i would like to publish a working
> version for kde 3.1 so for the moment i will not add new functionality just
> bug fixing, make a decent help, at least 2 translation and remake the
> icons....)
>
> If you agree i will go for the 1st solution patching kthml and kparts for the
> moment and switch for the kio implementation later.

+      bool bUseKget;
+      cfg->setGroup("HTML Settings");
+      bUseKget=cfg->readBoolEntry("UseKget",false);

That's C style. I prefer C++ style:
+      cfg->setGroup("HTML Settings");
+      bool bUseKget=cfg->readBoolEntry("UseKget",false);

(easier when moving code around, etc.)

+       if(cmd==QString::null)
should be if (cmd.isEmpty())

The indentation looks a bit screwed up in the patch, but maybe that's only
a problem with the patch (and/or khtml, and/or using tabs...).

Hmm, hold on. I understand why you're changing simpleSave, but changing
KHTMLPopupGUIClient looks very wrong to me. Instead of just saving
the contents of the HTML cache, this is going to download the stuff again?
Looks very wrong. I think the correct patch would be in saveURL() itself,
in the case where the cache isn't available. But if it is, then we should
definitely use it!

- --
David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/
KOffice-1.2-beta2 is coming very shortly...