Fixing a CSS bug in Konqueror (44932)

Jaak Simm jaaksimm at firm.ee
Thu Jul 18 10:31:00 BST 2002

Yup, you're totally correct, w3 does not mention, which elements are
affected
by the :hower class. Thus, as it is out of the scope of the w3, it is up
to each browser
to decide which elements should react to :hover, :active, etc.

I understand that Konqueror has already made that decision, but I would
like to
note that most browsers differ in that respect. In practice this means
that a
web developer should comply to two distinct standards, which is not very
welcome
outcome. If you're fine with that, then lets leave it there.

Btw, Mozilla 1.0 (in windows/linux) behaives similarly to IE and Netscape.
They might have changed it after the release, but I have not looked into
that.

Cheers,
Jaak