Fixing a CSS bug in Konqueror (44932)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jul 18 10:29:09 BST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 2:18 am, Jaak Simm wrote:
|  According to CSS standards it seams that the :hower is reserved only for
|  anchor (<a>).
|  At least that's how it is explained at
|
| http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/css/quickref/css_pseudoclasses_hover.ht
|ml

Correct Testcase (without Tables!) is:
--------------------------
<head>
<title>CSS :hover - tescase for non-A elements</title>

.menuDefault { font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;
	color: #FFFFFF; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none}
.menuDefault:link { text-decoration: none }
.menuDefault:visited { text-decoration: none }
.menuDefault:active { text-decoration: none }
.menuDefault:hover { text-decoration: underline }
 .container { width: 150px; height: 150px; background: green; }
</head>

            should not be underlined! If it is, then your browser seems to
have a problem in applying the CSS class menuDefault:hower.
--------------------------

Please, PLEASE - do not use TABLEs when they are necessary!
You can do everything with help of CSS, just using DIV and SPAN tags!
Also: FONT tag is depreciated! Do not use it!

P.S. other people (Lars, Dirk) already commented the rest

|  Even if it would not be so, I think it is smart for the Konqueror to
|  comply with
|  the actual web standards, i.e. those used by IE and Netscape.
|
|  So, I would still like to see the the problem fixed as I've come across
|  some webpages
|  where the problem is present. Just point me to the right files and I'll
|  try to correct it.

Ask authors of those pages to correct their HTML.
I know, that's not easy, but we can ensure our future only in this way!

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)