Fixing a CSS bug in Konqueror (44932)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jul 18 10:13:45 BST 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 1:31 pm, Jaak Simm wrote:
|  Yup, you're totally correct, w3 does not mention, which elements are
|  affected
|  by the :hower class. Thus, as it is out of the scope of the w3, it is up
|  to each browser
|  to decide which elements should react to :hover, :active, etc.

Right!

|  I understand that Konqueror has already made that decision, but I would
|  like to
|  note that most browsers differ in that respect. In practice this means
|  that a
|  web developer should comply to two distinct standards, which is not very
|  welcome
|  outcome. If you're fine with that, then lets leave it there.
|
|  Btw, Mozilla 1.0 (in windows/linux) behaives similarly to IE and Netscape.
|  They might have changed it after the release, but I have not looked into
|  that.

Konqueror behaves very close to MS IE in *Quirk* mode.
And Mozilla is a very bad example here, as it accounts only for 0.9% of all
browsers. It's not a (the) standard, for sure.

If you have time: post similar question on www-style mailing list (what is the
standard, how it should be rendered, etc.)
People from MS are subscribed to it, as well as key Mozilla developers.
May be, W3C CSS Editor would agree to post some Errata on CSS2 specs...

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)