inconsistency in konqueror

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Sun Dec 8 14:40:35 GMT 2002

Am Freitag, 6. Dezember 2002 18:00 schrieb Raul Fernandes:
> Hi,
> In konqueror, the directory is selected using the mouse click, but not
> using the keyboard (arrows). And when the current directory is deleted, the
> dirview doesn't update. Hence, the directory in treeview and in dirview are
> different. When a directory is collapsed, the dirview doesn't change too.
> These make the konqueror inconsistent. IMHO, the directory in treeview
> should always be the same in dirview.

I actually find the way konqueror handles the treeview *much more* reliable
and useful than the M$ Explorer one. In fact it's a *feature* for konqueror
to allow the user to collapse the current directory in the treeview without
forcing him out of the directory shown in the iconview/listview. Furthermore
it's also more efficient that a directory is not entered (shown in the
iconview/listview) when browsed over it with the direction keys in the
treeview but only when explicitely hitting enter. I think it's not too
burdensome for those who use key navigation to hit the additional enter to
change a directory considered that mostly advanced users use key navigation
who'll find that out anyway while the obvious -- clicking with the mouse on a
directory -- has always worked as expected and will always work that way.
Please, kfm developers, leave it the way it is.

Well, that's my personal opinion. The flamewar may begin ;-)

[...]
> Thanks
>
> Raul Fernandes
> rgf at ieg.com.br