inconsistency in konqueror

Raul Fernandes rgf at ieg.com.br
Fri Dec 6 17:00:29 GMT 2002

Hi,
In konqueror, the directory is selected using the mouse click, but not using
the keyboard (arrows). And when the current directory is deleted, the dirview
doesn't update. Hence, the directory in treeview and in dirview are
different. When a directory is collapsed, the dirview doesn't change too.
These make the konqueror inconsistent. IMHO, the directory in treeview should
always be the same in dirview.
To fix it, I have changed the signal that trigger the update of the dirview
from clicked() to currentChanged(), but this create a new bug. The konqueror
becomes crazy if the selected directory is changed fast, like in a drag event
and key autorepeat event. To avoid this behaviour, I have created a flag to
block the update if it is in a drag event (the selected directory is where
the object will be copied, moved... not the one in dirview).
I use this flag to block the autorepeat too. But there are 2 bugs yet:
 - If I press the arrow several times (more than 4 actually), the konqueror
becomes crazy.
 - When in autorepeat, if I release the key, the new selected directory isn't
changed in dirview.
I know that my solution for this bug is very poor, but this is my first patch.
I'm searching a new approach to this bug. Can anyone help me??
The patch show the modifications that I made (against the KDE_3_1_BRANCH).
The patch contains the same bugfix for the kcontrol.

Thanks

Raul Fernandes
rgf at ieg.com.br