KHTMLPart or http ioslave + authentification problem

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Fri Aug 9 19:50:07 BST 2002

Hi,
just build a little "mini" webbrowser for our company using the khtmlpart (just a mainwindow with
one KHTMLPart (3.0.x and for testing CVS HEAD kdelibs) object and connected the openURLDelayed....
with a methode calling openURL (*) + setUrlsArgs.. (or something other stuff like that).
We have here a apache webserver running which restricts the access of some areas via htaccess files
and I got the problem, that the authentification is just lost during a session. It's like the subdir "admin" is protected,
you enter your username, password, but while browsing the pages, it asks you again and again for
authentification (which doesn't happen with normal netscape or konqui from 2.2.x).

Any ideas why that happens ?

cu
Christoph

--