KHTMLPart or http ioslave + authentification problem

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Aug 9 21:50:13 BST 2002

On Friday 09 August 2002 11:50 am, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> just build a little "mini" webbrowser for our company using the khtmlpart
> (just a mainwindow with one KHTMLPart (3.0.x and for testing CVS HEAD
> kdelibs) object and connected the openURLDelayed.... with a methode calling
> openURL (*) + setUrlsArgs.. (or something other stuff like that). We have
> here a apache webserver running which restricts the access of some areas
> via htaccess files and I got the problem, that the authentification is just
> lost during a session. It's like the subdir "admin" is protected, you enter
> your username, password, but while browsing the pages, it asks you again
> and again for authentification (which doesn't happen with normal netscape
> or konqui from 2.2.x).
>
> Any ideas why that happens ?

No.

Log the http debug areas to file and send me that file together with an exact
description of what you do and what you expect it to do.

Before you do that you should restart kded and log its output to file as well.
E.g. use "dcop kded qt/kded quit; sleep 1; kded 2> /tmp/kded.log"

Please use KDE CVS HEAD for the above.

The handling of authentication has changed dramatically between KDE 3.0 and
KDE 3.1, please be aware that things that work in one version might be broken
in the other. (And if so we should fix that of course :-)

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com