tabbed browsing bugs

Doug Hanley hanleyman at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 18 21:37:11 BST 2002

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 02:20 am, George Staikos wrote:
> I just tried out tabbed browsing tonight.  Looks great!!  There are a few
> bugs though...
>
> - It seems that the sidebar doesn't work with it.  Clicking on folders in
> the sidebar doesn't do much of anything.

I couldn't recreate this one.  Make sure that the view is linked, that might
be why its not working.  For example, just start with filemanagement profile,
then add a tab, and since the new tab isn't linked the sidebar wont affect
it.  Should I change the policy on this maybe?

> - Adding a new tab, I think, should create a blank tab and not a tab with
> the same site as the previous active tab.

I like that idea, but what should I do with the new tab, just create a view
with a khtml part in it, but no loaded web page (or about:blank)?

> - Adding a new tab and then clicking on a toolbar bookmark opens it in the
> previous active tab instead of the current one.

I couldn't recreate this one, check to make sure the second tab is actually
the active view (the bar on the bottom is lighter).

> - Remove Tab should be in the context menu.

I've added that, just compiling to see if it works now.
I'll committ once I make sure it works.

I've also made it so right clicking on a tab closes it. I'll committ that too
if there are not objections.

> + I fixed the problem with tabs not working when konqi is launched from
> kdeinit.

cool.

-- Doug