[Kexi] error "does not appear to have been created using Kexi"

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Oct 7 17:12:03 UTC 2011

On 7 October 2011 11:27, Anne Wainwright <anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I backed up my database before ubuntu ubgrade which did an upgrade on
> postgreql (8.3 to 8.4) in the process.
>
> I restored the project to the new version. All the kexi tables appear
> to be there. But we get this error message when connecting from Kexi
>
> I backed up using pg_dump with the -C switch so just fed the resultant
> file back through psql and all the tables were recreated and populated.

Hello Anne,
Thanks for this question. The message is really generic so it's hard
to judge. But many Kexi messages have "more info" button at the
bottom-left. Can you see this button? If so could you please send us
the detailed error message?

 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)