[Kexi] error "does not appear to have been created using Kexi"

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Fri Oct 7 09:27:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I backed up my database before ubuntu ubgrade which did an upgrade on
postgreql (8.3 to 8.4) in the process.

I restored the project to the new version. All the kexi tables appear
to be there. But we get this error message when connecting from Kexi

I backed up using pg_dump with the -C switch so just fed the resultant
file back through psql and all the tables were recreated and populated.

I am sure this is a 'user' issue, what do I need to get access from
Kexi back?

Also, importantly, what did I do wrong?

(can't find previous queries on this, I searched Kexi on Mail-Archive
with this error message).

Anne