[Kexi] Using KoProperty in Kolf

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sun Sep 20 23:30:08 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag 20 September 2009 21:38:26 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> > What can we do to sort out these issues? They're blocking me from
> > building KoProperty without Kexi.
> >
> > BTW another question on the build process: Once we get KoProperty to the
> > point that it does not need Kexi anymore, I could simply include it into
> > the Kolf repository with an svn:externals definition. Is this okay for
> > you?
>
> OK, unless you want to release Kolf in a binary form. Then we'll have
> conflict between KOffice and Kolf.

The first release of Kolf will most definitely be with KDE/kdegames 4.4. Until
then, a better solution than svn:externals should be available. For now, we
could also change KoProperty into a static lib, and not install the library
and its headers, in order to avoid conflicts? (Is KoProperty used anywhere
outside Kexi at the moment?)

> Two copies won't be needed

svn:externals is not a copy. It is a special property for a subdirectory of an
SVN repository, that tells SVN to checkout this part of the repository from
some other repository (and commit changes to there also). Much like a symlink.

> once we move the code to the outside of
> kolf and koffice (but where?).

The obvious places would be kdelibs, or kdesupport if the library becomes Qt-
only. We could also try to get it merged into Qt, if the Qt guys are
interested in it.

Greetings
Stefan