[Kexi] Using KoProperty in Kolf

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sun Sep 20 21:38:26 CEST 2009

2009/9/20 Stefan Majewsky <majewsky at gmx.net>:
> Hi again,
>
> I've looked into the source of KoProperty, and tried if I can get KoProperty
> to build standalone (only with KDE 4 dependencies loaded) in a quick-and-dirty
> way. What I've noticed immediately:
>
> 1. Some parts of KoProperty seem to depend on other code from Kexi:
>        a) EditorView.cpp includes kexiutils/styleproxy.h
>        b) editors/spinbox.cpp needs the KoUnit class

I am copying the class then, hopefully today.

> 2. It still needs Qt3Support:
>        a) Property.{h,cpp} use QVariant::{CString,PointArray}
>        b) editors/pixmapedit.cpp needs some old Qt::WindowType values

Please let me look at this today...

> What can we do to sort out these issues? They're blocking me from building
> KoProperty without Kexi.
>
> BTW another question on the build process: Once we get KoProperty to the point
> that it does not need Kexi anymore, I could simply include it into the Kolf
> repository with an svn:externals definition. Is this okay for you?

OK, unless you want to release Kolf in a binary form. Then we'll have
conflict between KOffice and Kolf.
So I propose to svn branch and merge changes (there will not be too
many I guess?).

Two copies won't be needed once we move the code to the outside of
kolf and koffice (but where?).

 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek