[Kexi] Using KoProperty in Kolf

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Sun Sep 20 00:15:54 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I've looked into the source of KoProperty, and tried if I can get KoProperty
to build standalone (only with KDE 4 dependencies loaded) in a quick-and-dirty
way. What I've noticed immediately:

1. Some parts of KoProperty seem to depend on other code from Kexi:
	a) EditorView.cpp includes kexiutils/styleproxy.h
	b) editors/spinbox.cpp needs the KoUnit class
2. It still needs Qt3Support:
	a) Property.{h,cpp} use QVariant::{CString,PointArray}
	b) editors/pixmapedit.cpp needs some old Qt::WindowType values

What can we do to sort out these issues? They're blocking me from building
KoProperty without Kexi.

BTW another question on the build process: Once we get KoProperty to the point
that it does not need Kexi anymore, I could simply include it into the Kolf
repository with an svn:externals definition. Is this okay for you?

Greetings
Stefan