[Kexi] Strange Crash

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jun 4 22:56:23 CEST 2007

Andy Choens said the following, On 2007-06-04 22:41:
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to manually recreate the
> offending table because of the complexity of the table, I am afraid more
> errors could work their way in. If there is any way to extract and re-use the
> raw SQL used to make the original table, I could use that to create a new
> table, and import my data into this table, but I don't know how to get this
> information in Kexi. If requested, I can send the file to you off list.

Hello,
Could you please send me (privately) a database with such a table?

Before I find the possible bug, there is a way to export:
ksqlite db.kexi .dump > dump.sql

Then locate appropriate CREATE TABLE line and INSERT INTO lines.
After editing the SQL dump, you can import the result:
ksqlite  newdb.kexi < editeddump.sql

If you have access to the source code of Kexi 1.1.2, there are
kexi/tools/add_column and kexi/tools/delete_column tools that can help to
preserve yoru data when adding/deleting a column.