[Kexi] Strange Crash

Andy Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:41:22 CEST 2007

I am having an odd problem with kexi. I have multiple kexi project on my
computer right now and only one of them gives me any trouble, but it REALLY
gives me trouble.

In this database I have a table with exactly 111 different fields in it. I
have about 15 entries in this database. I need to change the database a
little. I can open the table in Design Mode, but when I select any of the
last 13 columns, Kexi crashes. I can select any other column, and edit it,
but I can not select any of these last columns without crashing Kexi. Please
understand, I'm not talking about saving my changes, I just want to be able
to select the column.

Here is what I would like to do: 1) Export my data. 2) Change the table. 3)
Import my data. This should be simple, but it isn't.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to manually recreate the
offending table because of the complexity of the table, I am afraid more
errors could work their way in. If there is any way to extract and re-use the
raw SQL used to make the original table, I could use that to create a new
table, and import my data into this table, but I don't know how to get this
information in Kexi. If requested, I can send the file to you off list.

Thanks!
--andy