[Kexi] Query query?

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Feb 15 10:51:34 CET 2007

Magnus Larsson said the following, On 2007-02-14 22:24:

> I am trying to design my first database in Kexi, and try to create forms
> based on quesries. I have two questions:
>
> 1. Am I correct in thinking that I can set and change values via these
> forms, based on queries (else all my effort this far is ......)

Hello,
Please read these answers:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kexi/2006-November/000267.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kexi/2006-November/000270.html

To all: before asking please try to find answer in archives:

http://kexi-project.org/mailing_list_search.html

> 2. It seems that the relations between tables in the query design window
> becomes one-to-all by default. But I think I need one-to-one, that is,
> only posts where values are identical. Is there a way to edit this? It
> seems that when I click in the link my only choice is to delete the
> link, not to edit it.

The '1' and 'infinity' signs are always displayed, but in fact if you join
fields that are related 1-to-1, the result will look like 1-to-1 automatically
- no need to declare. So it's only a visual flaw of the design mode.