[Kexi] how to create a button..

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Oct 20 09:34:56 CEST 2006

kevinsrea said the following, On 2006-10-20 07:23:

> i am new to linux and new to kexi.
>
> in a form windows., how can i create a button that deletes the current
> record ?
>
> i know how to create a button, and I know how to right click it and assign
> an action, but how do i assign an action to delete the current record on the
> form ?

Hello,
Thank you for your interest.
Please
- select the button,
- right-click on it, select "Assign Action..." command
- select "Application" from Action type combo box, is not selected already
- select "Delete Row" action from the list and accept the dialog.

The resulting assignment will execute the same action as Edit->Delete Row

> also, how to make a form with a child form, so i can have let's say one user
> and then in the subform all the pieces of hardware assigned to that user.

Subforms are planned for the 2.0 release, not this year though.

> and finally, how do you deploy a kexi database to linux users ?

It's simplest if you just use .kexi database files: copy the file for your
users. In case of database servers deployment requires copying so called
"shortcut to the database connection" file, .kexis, -- you can find
appropriate file, each of them is related to a single entry that is visible on
your connection list in the startup dialog, in the "Project stored on a db
server" section.

The application currently works in a single-user mode when you use .kexi files
and multiuser if you use MySQL or PostgreSQL database servers.
One day after 2.0 version you will get multiuser mode .kexi files without a
need for making changes to the files.

> I am an experienced ms access developer, so i have some db experience.

Great, any tests and advices are welcome.