[Kexi] Is Kexi able to deal with large binary object ?

Pierre DELGOVE pdelgove at free.fr
Sat Jul 22 08:55:01 CEST 2006

Jarosław Staniek a écrit :

> Pierre,
> The development Kexi version (1.1 pre-alpha) supports BLOBs. The
> source code resides in the Subversion repository. The BLOBs are
> supposed to be images (of many types) at the moment.
>
> More info in my blog: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2163
>
> Extending the stuff to support more mime types depends whether you
> want to embed a viewer (e.g. for PDF) within a form. If not, it's
> possible to implement action like "open in associated external
> viewer/editor".
At this point of my thoughts, it would be nice to have just support of
other binary objects such  as other files and possibility to open them
with an external viewer.
It is suggested in the flash video that one can store just the file's
URL but I would prefer to store the whole file in the database since
it's getting difficult to retrieve files when you change their location.
With the large HD available now, storing Gbites of data is not a
problem, I think.

Thanks for your answer.

Pierre