[Kexi] Is Kexi able to deal with large binary object ?

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Jul 21 20:29:59 CEST 2006

Pierre DELGOVE said the following, On 2006-07-21 18:01:

> Just one question first since I'm just learning how to use Kexi. My aim
> is to run a small business database in the veterinary field (clients,
> animals, treatments, sold products and so on...).
> I wonder if Kexi is able to deal with large objects such as pdf files or
> jpg files. It would be so great ! I saw that there is an example with a
> picture database but I'im unable to download it.

Pierre,
The development Kexi version (1.1 pre-alpha) supports BLOBs. The source code
resides in the Subversion repository. The BLOBs are supposed to be images (of
many types) at the moment.

More info in my blog: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2163

Extending the stuff to support more mime types depends whether you want to
embed a viewer (e.g. for PDF) within a form. If not, it's possible to
implement action like "open in associated external viewer/editor".

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska