[Kexi] kexi on gentoo

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:16:42 CET 2006

> >  * remove the link listed
> >  * current portage has support for kexi-0.8.2 as part of koffice (aka
> > split ebuild). If this suffices, run `emerge --ask --verbose kexi`, and
> > confirm the installation as usual. My assumption is that an update will
> > be available as soon as the next koffice release
> >  * AFAIK, there is no "official" support for stand-alone kexi-0.9 or
> > later To get it anyway, one has to add a portage-overlay as described
> > here [3] Notes for gentoo users:
> >     - installing stand-alone kexi will most likely break any koffice
> >       installations or vice-versa
> >     - the ebuild provided is tested only for ~x86 and should be hard
> > masked by default
> >     - the SRC_URI flag should be changed to a more suitable mirror
> >     - use if, and only if, you know what you are doing ;)
>
> Thanks very much. Updated
> http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Packages#Gentoo

The ebuild-file is missing (needed to drive emerge). I attached one to my
first mail, reattached a revised version here. Please add a download link
somewhere, e.g. by changing

    "To get it anyway, one has to add a portage-overlay as described
     <a>here</a>.
    "To get it anyway, one has to add an <a>ebuild</a> to portage. How to
     set up a portage-overlay is described <a>here</a>."

Also, please insert another "note"-item (before "the ebuild provided ..."):
 * use the category/program structure "dev-db/kexi": "app-office/kexi" will
block if "dev-db/kexi" is already installed (and vice versa)

> Ah, honestly, again, I guess Umbrello is designed exactly for this. Anyway,
> printing/exporting the layout is relatively easy to add in the future. Feel
> free to add a wish using bugs.kde.org :)

I will. Thanks :)

Regards
	Daniel