[Kexi] kexi on gentoo

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Mon Jan 30 10:08:33 CET 2006

Daniel Franke said the following, On 2006-01-30 02:01:

> I have to set up a relational database and instead of using pen and paper, I
> tried to employ kexi for the initial table layout. Lured by the screenshot
> shown at [1], I assumed I could do this easily. I couldn't:
>

>  * the download link [2] is broken, no such host
>
>  * merging the split ebuilds of koffice installs kexi 0.8.2
>    -> it seems that kexi-0.8.2 does not yet provide the advertised
>       relationship view?!

Relationships creator is hidden until even in Kexi 1.0.
Kexi 0.9 has been released in may 2005...

>  * created a portage overlay and an ebuild for stand-alone kexi-0.9
>    (gentoo users: see [3] how to install the attached ebuild, use dev-db/kexi)

If you have added gentoo support for 0.9, please let us know what informations
to add here http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Packages.
Anyway, it can be better idea to try 1.0beta1 this week.

>  * merging the stand-alone ebuild of kexi 0.9 from overlay
>    -> it seems that kexi-0.9 does not yet provide the advertised
>       relationship view?!
>

> If someone could advise me how to reproduce the screenshot shown at [1]?!

The screenshot is a bit older by you can reproduce it easily by creating
relationships in Query Designer.

For drawing ERDs, also consider using Umbrello UML modeller (IIRC, no code
generation is available yet though).

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki