[Kexi] kexi on gentoo

Daniel Franke franke.daniel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 02:01:34 CET 2006

Hi all!

I have to set up a relational database and instead of using pen and paper, I
tried to employ kexi for the initial table layout. Lured by the screenshot
shown at [1], I assumed I could do this easily. I couldn't:

 * the download link [2] is broken, no such host

 * merging the split ebuilds of koffice installs kexi 0.8.2
   -> it seems that kexi-0.8.2 does not yet provide the advertised
      relationship view?!

 * created a portage overlay and an ebuild for stand-alone kexi-0.9
   (gentoo users: see [3] how to install the attached ebuild, use dev-db/kexi)

 * merging the stand-alone ebuild of kexi 0.9 from overlay
   -> it seems that kexi-0.9 does not yet provide the advertised
      relationship view?!

If someone could advise me how to reproduce the screenshot shown at [1]?!

Thanks in advance

	Daniel

[1] http://www.koffice.org/kexi/
[2] http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?Packages