[Kexi] Kexi 0.8 error message: Invalid database contents when trying to access mysql database.

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Fri Feb 3 10:01:37 CET 2006

Leon Goldman said the following, On 2006-02-03 03:22:
> I just installed Kexi 0,8.1 using KDE 3.5 under Mandriva 2006. I have
> mysql installed. I have written a .kexis script to get to the database,
> but when I run it I get the following error message:
>
> Invalid database contents. "kexidb_major_ver" database property not found
> Server result number:
> 0
>
> Can someone help me understand it? What is the problem? What do I need
> to do? I have no problem accessing mysql from the command line.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Please read answer to question 2.5:
http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?KexiFAQ#2._Common_Mistakes_to_Avoid

You're using Kexi 0.8, in your case Kexi 1.0 would propose you to import the
database to Kexi-compatible project (on the same server).

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

  Kexi Developer:      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
  KDE3, KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                       http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki