D29327: Improve a bit parse error dignosis

jordi fita i mas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 2 14:48:18 BST 2020

jfita added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> staniek wrote in KDbSqlScanner.l:164
> Something easier to translate and understand for end users would be better. E.g.
>
> "Unexpected character \"%1\" in date/time"

The problem i had quoting the unexpected character is that, depending on the font settings, it can be very hard to spot what is the offending character when it is a symbol like ' or ". For example, in the following screenshot i have problems seeing the ' character in "'":

F8278446: ambiguous-character-error.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8278446>

Having the character alone at the end removes that kind of problems:

F8278449: clearer-character-error.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8278449>

Do you want me to keep the quotes around the character?

REPOSITORY
  R15 KDb

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29327