[Kexi-devel] Finished

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Aug 23 15:52:35 CEST 2008

Hîthwen Fëadûr said the following, On 2008-08-22 16:45:
> Hello,
> We can consider the driver finished, this is a summary of the changes we
> need in Kexi
>
>    - Adding QString sid to ConnectionData and the GUI
>    - In Connection::CreateDatabase adding check for oracle when checking if
>    database exists:
>
>    if (databaseExists( dbName )&&!m_driver->name().compare("oracle")) {
>        setError(ERR_OBJECT_EXISTS, i18n("Database \"%1\" already exists.",
>    dbName) );
>        return false;
>      }
>    - I don't know if this is valid for all engines but in Oracle when
>    creating tables NOT NULL clause must be the last one, but here it is after
>    DEFAULT X so boolean type creation crashes, at least in case of Oracle the
>    order of those two must be exchanged in Connection::CreateTableStatement:
>
>    if (field->defaultValue().isValid()) {
>            QString valToSQL( m_driver->valueToSQL( field,
>    field->defaultValue() ) );
>            if (!valToSQL.isEmpty()) //for sanity
>              v += QString::fromLatin1(" DEFAULT ") + valToSQL;
>          }
>          if (!autoinc && !pk && field->isNotNull())
>            v += " NOT NULL"; //only add not null option if no autocommit is
>    set
>

> For the moment when kexi doesnt hang or does something strange the driver
> can:
>
> Create a Connection on a remote server (hasn't been proved on localhost)
> Create a project in the database an open it
> Create tables insert data (exept dates and Objects) and simple querys
>
> Kexi has a strange behaviour in these cases
>
>    - *Creating a Connection*: If you press Test Connection the driver
>    returns true (if data provided was correct) but kexi hangs.
>    - *DDL*:
>    -If a table hasn't got Pk you cannot modify a row, kexi complains
>    -If you try to redefine a field or add a new column sometimes kexi hangs
>    before passing the statement to oracle
>    - Drop table and execute script do nothing
>    - Date type is always '' (empty) string
>    -File navigator of Object type columns gets only the extension of the
>    files
>
> We think these are kexi errors of the developement version, if not, please
> notify me so we can try to guess what's wrong ^^

Julia
Thanks for this detailed report and for the successful works. I will address
these needs in the KexiDB API after this weekend.
I also plan to take the needs into account while refactoring of kexidb 2
(known as Predicate lib) happens in branches/work/predicate/. I am mergine
your changes there in real time.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek