[Kexi-devel] Finished

Hîthwen Fëadûr hithwen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:45:17 CEST 2008

Hello,
We can consider the driver finished, this is a summary of the changes we
need in Kexi

   - Adding QString sid to ConnectionData and the GUI
   - In Connection::CreateDatabase adding check for oracle when checking if
   database exists:

   if (databaseExists( dbName )&&!m_driver->name().compare("oracle")) {
       setError(ERR_OBJECT_EXISTS, i18n("Database \"%1\" already exists.",
   dbName) );
       return false;
     }
   - I don't know if this is valid for all engines but in Oracle when
   creating tables NOT NULL clause must be the last one, but here it is after
   DEFAULT X so boolean type creation crashes, at least in case of Oracle the
   order of those two must be exchanged in Connection::CreateTableStatement:

   if (field->defaultValue().isValid()) {
           QString valToSQL( m_driver->valueToSQL( field,
   field->defaultValue() ) );
           if (!valToSQL.isEmpty()) //for sanity
             v += QString::fromLatin1(" DEFAULT ") + valToSQL;
         }
         if (!autoinc && !pk && field->isNotNull())
           v += " NOT NULL"; //only add not null option if no autocommit is
   set

For the moment when kexi doesnt hang or does something strange the driver
can:

Create a Connection on a remote server (hasn't been proved on localhost)
Create a project in the database an open it
Create tables insert data (exept dates and Objects) and simple querys

Kexi has a strange behaviour in these cases

   - *Creating a Connection*: If you press Test Connection the driver
   returns true (if data provided was correct) but kexi hangs.
   - *DDL*:
   -If a table hasn't got Pk you cannot modify a row, kexi complains
   -If you try to redefine a field or add a new column sometimes kexi hangs
   before passing the statement to oracle
   - Drop table and execute script do nothing
   - Date type is always '' (empty) string
   -File navigator of Object type columns gets only the extension of the
   files

We think these are kexi errors of the developement version, if not, please
notify me so we can try to guess what's wrong ^^

Regards,
Julia