[Kexi-devel] does kexidb_sybasedriver require libtds :?

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Fri Aug 29 12:09:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am the person who is currently maintaing the koffice package in Debian.
While looking at add support for the sybase driver to kexi, I noticed my
build was not finding the freeTDS library that was perfectly instaled on my
system.

After checking at the FindFreeTDS.cmake file [1], I realized it was finding
the headers and the sysdbd library, but not the tds library.
freeTDS packages in Debian does not provide any libtds library or similar and
after talking with the maintainer he told me it used to be provided as a
private library some time ago and it has been finally removed.

So my question is: is this check really necessary? I have not tried building
kexi patching the cmake file to avoid this (see attached diff), because in the
case it works i do not have a way to test it.

Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks!
Ana

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/koffice/cmake/modules/FindFreeTDS.cmake