git integration for remote repository

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:13:40 BST 2021

On Tuesday July 20 2021 19:27:58 Amit Chaudhuri wrote:

Hi

>Interested in how I can view the actual git command being issued is.
>Does this get logged anywhere (e.g. if I set some env variable can I

It looks like the output from the project "fetch" wizard goes to stdout, so the easiest way to see it would be to start kdevelop from a terminal (command line).
Git commands performed on an already imported project are echoed in one of the views that open along the bottom side of the main window by default.

FWIW, I prefer to set up my clones, build directories etc. outside of KDevelop but then I'm a bit of a control freak (and in that light: one advantage of KDevelop 4.x is that it will only run CMake in your build directory when you ask it to). I just tried the fetch wizard (in the latest release), made a mistake in the git url, and saw the error on the terminal but could only cancel the entire fetch. That's the sort of let-down for which I rarely give 2nd chances nowadays.

R.