Can someone confirm?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:37:46 BST 2020

On Tuesday April 07 2020 01:05:30 Yavuz Mert wrote:

>My similar problem, maybe not the same, was generated copy of source files
>in the build directory, especially after "make package_source".

An in-tree build directory? I almost always use an out-of-tree build directory ("next to" the source directory) but if I do use an in-tree one I always use the "exclude item from project" action in the project manager. The parser should still pick up generated header/source files (because it uses the compiler commandline, so the generated -I options), just like it does with an out-of-tree build directory.

FWIW Yavuz's issue is probably identical to the one I mentioned when you have multiple projects. In fact, I may have confounded "multiple projects with the same filenames" with "multiple files with the same name in different directories in the same project" - I'm pretty certain that has already given me surprises too.

R.

PS: long ago I contributed a patch to allow the project import wizard to recognise and suggest existing "build" directories that live in the same directory as the source directory. IIRC it was rejected as being to specific to 1 user's (my) non-standard workflow.