Why my installation of 5.2.3 won't parse the code -- a clue (was: Re: 5.2.4 impression)

rh kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:22:26 BST 2019

Aside: I'm not sure how this will appear as I am sending this from the
google mail web client and I've tried to intersperse my reply within René's
text.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:58 AM René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The only reason for this that I can think of is that you are using a
> machine which is severely limited in RAM and doesn't have enough swap space
> either. KDevelop can indeed requirer oodles of RAM when parsing a large
> project. Running under an older kernel may not help here.
>
> I have at least 12 GB on this machine (I might have 16 GB with 4 GB tied
up in some ram drives) -- at the moment (before starting kdevelop) I have
10.3 GB available -- should I be concerned?  (Do you think I need to
disable the overcommit?)  (I'll try to find / solve the scintilla namespace
problem first and try fixing that, and if that doesn't work, I'll try
disabling the overcommit.)