C++ header files and crash issue

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 22:37:30 BST 2019

On Sunday July 07 2019 19:34:38 Steve the Fiddle wrote:

>Am I not already asking "on the list"?

No, you sent a few emails to me only, instead of to the list.

>> To me this suggests that somehow the KDevelop parser adds a "using std" or
>> similar that makes the std the active namespace. Go figure out where that
>> happens ...
>>

>Are you saying this is a "bug"?

I'm not saying that it is, nor that it isn't. I would first need to understand what happens exactly, and why.

>What do you mean "included via a compiler argument"?

The `-include foo.h` compiler option tells the compiler to include a headerfile before including the headerfiles from the #include statements in the source code.

>The compiler arguments that I use (successfully) are:
>../configure --with-lib-preference="local system" --with-ffmpeg="system"
>--disable-dynamic-loading --with-mod-script-pipe --with-mod-nyq-bench
>--enable-debug

Those are not compiler arguments! They are configuration arguments that specify how you want the project to be built.

>Interesting. Is there any documentation about custom defines in kDevelop?
>How did you know to add those custom defines?

Did you read the KDevelop handbook?
Select the Project/Open Configuration menu (I'm assuming you have only a single project open in KDevelop); in the dialog that opens you can now select "Language Support" and you will see tabs labelled "Includes/Imports" and "Defines".

>Could other custom defines be required?

These have proven to be enough for me, but as I said, I don't do any real development on Audacity.

R.