first try of KDevelop 5.0.4

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:23:58 BST 2017

On Monday March 27 2017 22:33:17 Milian Wolff wrote:

>What kind of deadlocks are you talking about? This would also indicate issues
>we are unaware of that need to be fixed.

FWIW, I don't build KDE and Qt code for debugging but in release mode, using `-O3 -g` (and link-time optimisation for the clang parser plugin on Linux).
If you can start KDevelop under a debugger, load any size session and end up debugging whatever you wanted to debug within a reasonable amount of time then there is probably no evident issue in KDevelop at all.

And also: there are certain known issues with QProcess in borderline conditions. It's known for instance that QProcess::start() can fail in OOM conditions (= fork() fails), and I have seen issues (including crashes) when helper processes fail to start within the allocated timeout because the system is too busy.
Then there is an issue with using "too many" or a "too large" Qt help collection(s) on Mac which can lead to thread creation failures. Running under a debugger probably shouldn't have any effect on that but I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

R.