first try of KDevelop 5.0.4

Django django013 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 29 03:57:31 BST 2017

Hi

On Mo 27. Mär 2017, 21:57:43 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Sonntag, 19. März 2017 15:07:34 CEST Django wrote:
> > How can I get such a backtrace?
>
> I suggest something like this:

Thanks for the hints! I'll try that.

I don't know much tools to check an application, so valgrind is the tool of my
choice.

> > > Do you also see it with other applications, or only this one you
> > > developed
> > > yourself?
> >
> > I did not spend much time in investigation and of cause, I did not test
> > anything else. As the new releases don't offer things, I am missing, I'm
> > fine staying at 4.7
> >
> > Just wanted to inform you.
>
> Please do look into this - it is potentially a grave issue somwhere. So do
> look at the GDB steps above, and do test some other applications to see if
> they are affected too.

Hey, I never statet, that my app is errorfree :D

I was curious about the different runtime-behaviour, when started by different
kdevelop releases. With nothing else being different, kdevelop must treat new
sessions differently. Of cause, the variant of the newer release may be better.

But for that to become true, the differences should have been planned and not
happen by chance ;)
... and for so, anybody should know about the difference.

Cheers Reinhard