first try of KDevelop 5.0.4

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 22:30:03 BST 2017

On Monday March 27 2017 22:33:17 Milian Wolff wrote:

> What kind of deadlocks are you talking about? This would also indicate issues
> we are unaware of that need to be fixed.

I have no idea, I've never been able to figure them out. When I start KDevelop under a debugger it happens that sessions never completely open but remain stuck at some point where there are enough threads doing their thing that it's impossible for me to follow what's going on. I've simply learned to use another approach; when I debug KDevelop it's to figure out something else, not to sit around waiting to be able to get to work.

I think it's just an IPC timing issue caused by the instrument (the debugger) interfering enough with the measured process to cause issues.
This is probably on Mac and thus using lldb, my Linux rig is sufficiently less powerful that I probably never even tried to start KDevelop through a debugger.

R.