git status --porcelain error?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:32:42 GMT 2017

On Thursday December 29 2016 17:43:49 Kevin Funk wrote:
>Please debug.
>
>The error message comes from dvcsjob.cpp in kdevplatform.git:
>  DVcsJob::slotProcessError( QProcess::ProcessError err )

I just tried because of a variant I got ... for a while:

Command finished with error FailedToStart.
/opt/local/site-ports/devel/Vc> git stash list

Except that by the time I attached the debugger, it finally loaded all symbol tables and I got a breakpoint set, the issue had resolved itself like a true Heisenbug.

I see that the error handler can output much more detailed information via qCDebug(), I'll turn that into q[C]Warning() locally to ensure I always get to see it on the calling terminal.  But maybe that info should be shown in the VCS toolview?