KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 21:09:36 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-12 15:25, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday December 12 2017 14:39:44 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> You mentioned a KDevelop code model that is "0.004Mb", or about 4 KiB.
>
> Actually, I mentioned a largest reply of that size. I'm not at all
> looking what those are replies to, just printing out the size (in Mb)
> for replies exceeding 1024 bytes. I don't know if the server can
> fragment its replies, but if that's the case it would be able to fly
> under my radar entirely, in theory.

Nope, the code model is not fragmented. (Which is part of the problem;
if it was, we wouldn't have the problem of it being too big for QJson to
parse ;-). See also https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/issues/17539,
where we're discussing how to refactor the monolithic API going forward.)

>> As an experiment, please feed the attached file as stdin to `cmake -E
>> server --debug --experimental` (modifying the paths in it to reflect
>> your KDevelop source/build) and look at the size of the output. (Note:
>
> OK, my bad...
>
> {"cookie":"","errorMessage":"No build system was generated yet.","inReplyTo":"codemodel","type":"error"}

:-)

> After setting that right (by forcing the project to import once with
> the legacy importer) I now see a largest server reply of 4.53Mb which
> does seem to correspond to the code model.

Yup, that's consistent with what I'm seeing. Confusion sorted.

--
Matthew