KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 15:24:46 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-12 07:55, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> FWIW, even if I cannot reproduce Matthew's observations (an order of
> magnitude (or more) larger json replies)
Apparently you would need to actually configure KWIVER (which needs a
bunch of dependencies that you may need to get from Fletch). Per my last
message, there are several aspects to that project that combine to
create a geometric increase in the code model size.

Alternatively, please try with the attached project, which is very
simple but synthesizes similar pathological structure as KWIVER. I'm
getting a 160 MiB code model with this. (It has fewer targets — only
2100 — but has a higher count of related statements per target.)

> I do still observe another thing. Server mode import is at least 8x
> slower on my Linux system (for the same project, evidently; roughly
> 66s for QtWebKit vs. roughly 8s using the compile_commands.json
> file).
That is almost certainly because CMake server needs to *reconfigure* the
project. With the compile_commands.json, that's already been done.

--
Matthew