KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:10:14 GMT 2017

On Tuesday December 12 2017 10:24:46 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> Apparently you would need to actually configure KWIVER

That'd be the ultimate test, but I'm also not seeing similar sizes with other projects like KDevelop and QtWebKit.

Your test project however gave me a 200.5Mb or so reply (I had just the time to see that before the entire reply was dumped to the terminal) and a reload was triggered - I'm not running your patch).

After forcing the use of the legacy import mode all issues disappear.

>That is almost certainly because CMake server needs to *reconfigure* the
>project.

Probably. (That's another thing I don't particularly like when using an IDE to edit projects that need to be configured and built in a tightly controlled environment.)

I checked with that test-project: initial import 54s, subsequent imports under 4s (or under 25s when I delete the compile_commands.json file, forcing a reconfigure).
BTW, I note that much of the time waiting for that reconfigure is in fact waiting for cmake to write the new build files to disk. We shouldn't have to wait for that, at least in server mode cmake ought to be smart enough to see when it won't write anything different to disk. I don't know if that's feasible, but it ought to be =]

R.