KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:55:22 GMT 2017

On Tuesday December 12 2017 12:55:36 Aleix Pol wrote:
> but I'd say we should focus here on
> making sure the server mode works rather looking closely at the json.

Shouldn't both be done? If server mode means communication via json I'd say that handling the protocol in a reliable (if not rock-solid) way and ensuring you use the server correctly are about equally important. And if json is the aspect that will likely evolve the least wouldn't that be the thing to focus on first, iow the modification Matthew is proposing? It's not like that's a complex change with all kinds of possible side-effects under normal operation.

FWIW, even if I cannot reproduce Matthew's observations (an order of magnitude (or more) larger json replies) I do still observe another thing. Server mode import is at least 8x slower on my Linux system (for the same project, evidently; roughly 66s for QtWebKit vs. roughly 8s using the compile_commands.json file).