KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:33:42 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-05 15:21, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday December 05 2017 15:07:52 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Any thoughts? I'd *really* like to be able to open this project!
>
> What's your cmake version, probably a new enough version to have server mode?

Yes:

  $ rpm -q cmake
  cmake-3.10.0-1.fc26.x86_64

I've also noticed CMake server-mode processes running associated with
KDevelop.

I did notice that the backtraces are a significant part of the JSON...
does KDevelop need those, and if not, is there a way to omit or strip them?

> Then again, do you have a compile_commands.json file in your build directory, and what size is it?

  $ ll -h compile_commands.json
  -rw-rw-r--. 1 matthew matthew 817K Dec  5 15:00 compile_commands.json

--
Matthew