KDevelop can't load project: "too large document"?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:31:49 GMT 2017

On Tuesday December 05 2017 15:33:42 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> I did notice that the backtraces are a significant part of the JSON...
> does KDevelop need those, and if not, is there a way to omit or strip them?

No idea.

I'd suggest to take a good look where that too-large error message really came from. I know next to nothing about JSON processing, but I seem to recall that you have to read the entire file before you can validate and parse it. If so, it seems reasonable that there's an upper limit, and that KDevelop would need to detect when this limit is reached and handle that situation gracefully (like by falling back to using the legacy import based on the much smaller compile_commands.json file).

>   $ ll -h compile_commands.json
>   -rw-rw-r--. 1 matthew matthew 817K Dec  5 15:00 compile_commands.json

Compared to 100Mb ... that's a sizeable difference!

R.