New version debugger issue.

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jul 15 22:18:28 BST 2015

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 06:02:59 PM Funkster wrote:
> Funkster <ollyatwork at ...> writes:
> >    I'll try to confirm / deny it being a general remote debugging issue
> >
> > later, as I have other projects where I remote debug to other Linux ARM
> > and
> > x86 targets via gdbserver rather than OpenOCD. The path of connections is
> > very different...
>
> It appears to affect remote debugging generally, which should make this much
> easier for others to reproduce as you don't need any ARM hardware.
>
> Currently remote debugging as follows (this combination works perfectly in
> KDevelop 4.7.0):
> local native gdb v7.7.1-21.fc20 (64bit)
> tcp connection to
> target gdbserver x86 (32bit) v6.8
>

> When I hit debug, KDevelop pops up 3 dialogs saying:
>
> ---Internal debugger error---
> The exception is: MI type error
> The MI response is: ^done,threads=[{id="1",target-id="Thread
> 2059",frame={level="0",addr="0xb7f81840",func="??",args=[]},state="stopped"}
> ], current-thread-id="1"
>
> The remote GDBServer does get a connection, however, and if I press OK on
> all the dialogs and press continue, the program *does* execute. BUT I cannot
> interrupt it and breakpoints do nothing, so this is similar to how the
> embedded ARM target behaves (i.e. debugging is useless).
>
> Any chance one of the developers can try to reproduce this?

Can you please put this info into a bug report and include more information. I
have never used GDB across machines, so please be as specific as possible and
supply us with binaries or similar that can be easily run. Could we maybe
reproduce the same on a single machine when using GDBServer and connecting to
localhost? That would make it even simpler.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de