kdev-clang

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 28 11:25:11 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 11:42:19 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday January 28 2015 11:01:47 Kevin Funk wrote:
> >Please check how our local FindLLVM.cmake tries to lookup the
> >libraries/includes locations.
>
> I'm guessing it uses the *-config tools to find those locations, or for
> something else too?
> >Question is: Which binaries does the LLVM toolchain ship?
>
> %> xcode-select -p
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
>
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolcha
> in/usr/bin/:

<snip>

That's missing llvm-config as far as I can see. Do you even have a libclang.so
that provides the Clang C API? What about the headers - are they available?

> >More notes: kdev-clang[1.7] is really out-of-date (more than 7 months old),
> >in fact, it's mostly unusable as it is at this point. Not sure if you'll
> >have fun with it.
>
> I'm not surprised, to be honest, but such is live. If at least I can give a
> hand in getting the build system to work with Apple's toolchain that might
> help other KDE-Mac people (Marko...) . Provided of course that someone
> merges my changes into the main branch ;)

I wouldn't waste time on using it. You are beating a dead horse here. kdev-
clang improved greatly over the last few months.

> As to usefulness and that main branch: how are things in that domain?  Last
> time I tried kdev-clang (1.7), more than 7 months ago, it was a lot slower
> than the regular C++ plugin despite claims to the contrary. Has that
> improved, or does it (still) require a system with a minimal set of
> resources?

Do you mean "master" with "main branch"? There where plenty of improvements in
that regard. Pure indexing of a project is, in my tests, considerably faster
now that we are smarter at handling headers and translation units. Whats still
a bit slow is code completion, but mostly because we didn't spent a good
amount of time investigating the performance there yet.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de