kdev-clang

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 12:57:30 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 12:25:11 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2015 11:42:19 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > On Wednesday January 28 2015 11:01:47 Kevin Funk wrote:
> > >Please check how our local FindLLVM.cmake tries to lookup the
> > >libraries/includes locations.
> >
> > I'm guessing it uses the *-config tools to find those locations, or for
> > something else too?
> >
> > >Question is: Which binaries does the LLVM toolchain ship?
> >
> > %> xcode-select -p
> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
> >
> > /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolc
> > ha
> > in/usr/bin/:
> <snip>
>
> That's missing llvm-config as far as I can see. Do you even have a
> libclang.so that provides the Clang C API? What about the headers - are
> they available?

Since Xcode uses libclang heavily, I'd presume it's available. But indeed,
please check.

Not having a llvm-config is an issue atm -- since we're using it to figure out
the include and library dirs of LLVM/Clang.

I have the feeling that you need to install LLVM/Clang on your on in order to
compile programs against it. In fact, we cannot rely on Xcode being available
anyway. You shouldn't have to install Xcode in order to compile kdev-clang,
right.

In any case, please investigate and report back.

Thanks