kdev-clang

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 10:01:47 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 10:22:34 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> You're also (one of) the main dev(s) on kdev-clang, no?

Yes.

> I don't know if it's supposed to build against kdevplatform 1.7/KDevelop 4.7
> but if it does, would you be willing to guide me trying to get it to build
> using the LLVM toolchain Apple ships? It's missing llvm-config, and for now
> I haven't managed to build my own corresponding to the exact version they
> provide. Yet I think it'd be interesting if kdev-clang could work with that
> toolchain rather than require the installation of a parallel one (which
> might be missing Apple specific extensions, etc).
>
> Cheers,
> René

kdev-clang compiles against 4.7/1.7, yes. Just make sure to checkout the 1.7
branch in kdev-clang.git.

Please check how our local FindLLVM.cmake tries to lookup the
libraries/includes locations.

Short:
0) LLVM_ROOT set? => check ${LLVM_ROOT}/bin/llvm-config
1) it checks if there's llvm-config in $PATH
2) it checks if there's llvm-config-VERSION in $PATH
3) it checks if there's llvm-nm in $PATH

Question is: Which binaries does the LLVM toolchain ship?

More notes: kdev-clang[1.7] is really out-of-date (more than 7 months old), in
fact, it's mostly unusable as it is at this point. Not sure if you'll have fun
with it.

Greets