KDevelop in (K)Ubuntu's Project Neon5

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:05:38 BST 2014

On Saturday October 18 2014 22:29:34 Aleix Pol wrote:

> I've used neon5 a bit, but then I only used it to fetch the different
> dependencies. I always ended up creating a new prefix for the project (aka
> /opt/kdevelop). I never really felt that comfortable there anyway.

Doesn't really make a difference where you install kdevelop, right? It's not like you could dish neon5 but keep kdevelop if it depends on it ...

BTW, do you remember if font render quality was noticeably different under Neon5?

> Master should let you open any project, regardless of the KDE or Qt or
> anything version (note you might not use any of these on the project).

Fair enough. But how do you get it to use the correct cmake, assuming there are actually different versions and neon5-cmake isn't just a shell wrapper around the standard cmake? Guess I ought to try, but I've already had a few too many crashes trying to simple things like checking for available documentation. (And no, the crash reporter didn't work.)

R.