KDevelop in (K)Ubuntu's Project Neon5

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 18:56:14 BST 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday October 18 2014 22:29:34 Aleix Pol wrote:
>
> > I've used neon5 a bit, but then I only used it to fetch the different
> > dependencies. I always ended up creating a new prefix for the project
> (aka
> > /opt/kdevelop). I never really felt that comfortable there anyway.
>
> Doesn't really make a difference where you install kdevelop, right? It's
> not like you could dish neon5 but keep kdevelop if it depends on it ...

Well, neon5 is essentially a prefix and a set of environment variables.

> BTW, do you remember if font render quality was noticeably different under
> Neon5?

No, it looked ok on my system.

> > Master should let you open any project, regardless of the KDE or Qt or
> > anything version (note you might not use any of these on the project).
>
> Fair enough. But how do you get it to use the correct cmake, assuming
> there are actually different versions and neon5-cmake isn't just a shell
> wrapper around the standard cmake? Guess I ought to try, but I've already
> had a few too many crashes trying to simple things like checking for
> available documentation. (And no, the crash reporter didn't work.)

Well. First of all, I would never recommend using "neon5-cmake". It does
more things than using a different cmake, at least when I looked. I used to
enter the neon session (neon5-env IIRC) and use it from there. It would use
the cmake on hte path.

Aleix